Have you recently found yourself at the end of wits with closet cleaning woes? Are you guilty of just throwing the overflow into a closet hoping the old adage of “out of sight, out of mind” will get you through to the next closet cleaning session? Do you gently open that closet door praying you don’t get knocked down from an avalanche of your hidden (and often forgotten) treasures?
Organizing the catch-all closet can be made easy through proper design and craftsmanship. The key is to plan first, implement later! Regardless if you are repairing an outdated closet system, installing a new closet system, or looking for a customized storage solution, Closet Organizer Systems, Inc.’s experienced team will help you feel confident and safe when you open that dreaded door. Better yet – organizing will put an end to digging and fumbling around in frustration saying “I know it is in here somewhere”.
As you enter the planning phase of customizing your closets to organization, here are a few pointers to consider:
- Set goals: Keeping space limitations in mind, list everything you need and want your closet to be. Prioritize your wishes and needs, realistically. For example, if you want to fit all of your shoes on 1 wall, Closet Organizer Systems, Inc. can come up with multiple solutions to fit your wardrobe, your height, and your personalized space!
- Weed through the clutter: Don’t be a hoarder. Throw out the unnecessary clutter – if you have not worn it, used it, or even looked for it in a year – it is time for it to go! If it is in bad shape and you had high hopes of refurbishing it someday, but you honestly had no idea where it was until you began the organizing process to find it buried – throw it away! Once you have cleared out the clutter, organize what you will keep into neat individual piles. This is probably going to be the hardest part to accomplish … but be realistic in deciding what stays and what goes!
- Categorize piles: Take stock in all you are keeping and create categories based on what the items are (i.e. clothes: shirts, pants, jackets, etc. / tools: electric and hand tools, wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.). This will help you to organize by items that need to be accessible vs what can be hidden behind other storage for that occasional or seasonal use.
- Measure, re-measure and measure again: Make sure you measure the area you have to work with. With the mountain of havoc gone, your space will undoubtedly appear so much bigger than you may have thought it was – but don’t let your dreams of perfection get ahead of the space available. Know what you have to work with dimension-wise! Width, depth, and height.
- Draw out a plan: Draw up what you would like this space to look like; keeping your inventory and space in mind.
- Take the plunge — Give us a call or visit our website: Let us help you get a realistic plan in motion that meets your budget, space, and organizational needs.
Once your embarrassing clutter is turned into an organized dream reality…. Step back and enjoy. Your formerly crammed closet you were afraid to open is now your organized masterpiece … something you will be proud of and want to show off to your friends! And better yet, you will know where everything is! Give Closet Organizer Systems, Inc. a call… together we can turn mountains into organized mole hills! We will help you customize your clutter to closet organization with great competitive pricing.